My passion for food, wellness, and health communication began at a young age and sparked my ambition to become a Registered Dietitian. I first pursued my interests at the University of Wisconsin-Madison where I completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and an additional Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences Communication.
I am currently continuing my education as a graduate student and dietetic intern at Illinois State University. I will complete this coordinated program, with a leadership and project management focus, in May of 2018. As a dietetic professional, I am passionate about intuitive eating, with interests in wellness, nutrition communication, and culinary nutrition. Please visit my About Page to read more about my story and personal nutrition philosophy.
As a dietetic professional, it is my mission to help others cultivate and nourish a happier and healthier relationship with food and make sense of the complex nutrition messages that surround us.
- Graduate from Illinois State University’s coordinated Master of Science – Internship program in May 2018.
- Successfully complete the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) examination to become credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by August 2018.
- Become an active member of the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) dietetic practice group (DPG).
- Obtain position as an RDN in the community nutrition field with an opportunity to specialize in intuitive eating and non-diet nutrition therapy, as well as nutrition and culinary communication.
- Maintain active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and serve in a leadership role at the local level within 3 years of practicing in the field.
- Become published as an RDN in an industry-related publication, blog, or other media outlet and establish self as a trusted nutrition and culinary communication specialist.
- Serve as a mentor and preceptor for future dietetic students in an internship program to facilitate learning and growth within others.
- Collaborate with other health professionals to endorse and encourage intuitive health-related behaviors to promote a holistic and integrative approach to overall wellness.
- Participate in the advancement of the field of dietetics by participating in and facilitating workshops, webinars, conferences, and new research initiatives.