TGIF! While last week seemed to fly by, this one definitely dragged on. Maybe it had something to do with the cooler weather…but hey, at 40 degrees I’m not complaining.
What do you say we kick off this weekend right with a round of Friday Favorites! No fancy intro today – let’s just get to the good stuff.
- Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins. I baked up a batch of these a few weeks ago, when I was visiting home, to bring back and throw in my freezer. I have been zapping them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or throwing one in my bag, straight from the freezer, for a midday snack – it thaws perfectly by the time I am ready to eat it. I am still tweaking the recipe, but hope to share it on the blog soon!
- Mike & Ike Jelly Beans. While I am usually a Starburst Jellybean kind-of-gal, I saw these at the grocery store and should have resisted, but as a lover of both jellybeans and Mike & Ike’s, I just couldn’t (but they were on sale!). I have been snacking on a few as a post-dinner treat. I don’t really know how to describe them, but they have that chewy outside like a Mike & Ike, but the center of a jellybean. So good and so worth the $2 I wasn’t planning on spending. I also spotted a bag of Swedish Fish Jellybeans… I maaaay have to give those a try too before Easter!
- Carrots. It’s funny how I didn’t really like raw carrots until a few years ago. Now I can’t get enough of them. They are crunchy and sweet (and cheap), and just hit the spot when I am feeling munchy. Oh and they are delicious dipped in almond butter too. But I love ‘em cooked and roasted too! I loved this post from Hannah on how to roast whole carrots, like the big ones, not baby ones, and can’t wait to give it a try for myself.
- Yoga. I never thought I would be a yogi. I had tried yoga here and there before, but could never just really get into it. But I wanted to give it one last try before I made up my mind. This semester I enrolled in a one-credit yoga class, thinking that this would be the perfect opportunity to test it out again. It took me a few weeks to get into it, but I am so glad I didn’t give up on yoga. I have really been enjoying my class and value the opportunity to connect my mind, body, and soul that yoga provides. Definitely going to keep up this routine long after the semester ends.
- New magazines! I received three of my favorite foodie magazines in the mail this week and I cannot wait to read them cover-to-cover in search of some new recipes for spring, and maybe even Easter brunch!
I’ve got an internship project to work on, a nutritional sciences case study to finish up, and a midterm to study for this weekend…but that can wait, because tonight, I’ve got a basketball game to watch – Go Badgers!
Linking up with Heather again today – make sure to stop by her site to check out what other bloggers have been loving lately too!
What are your plans for the weekend?
A little March Madness, a lot of library time, and hopefully some time to hang out with friends and enjoy the weather.
Do you like jellybeans? What’s your favorite brand?
Along with Starburst and Mike & Ike jellybeans, I also love Jelly Bellies!
Do you still subscribe to mail delivery magazines or am I just old school?